Friday, September 21, 2007

On Golf

Back in 2004, after not touching my golf clubs in five years, I pulled them out of mothballs, brimming with hope and excited to feel the morning mist upon my face as the waking sun gently warmed the well manicured fairways of the course I was to play. Predictably, I then promptly played my worst round of golf since college and immediately banished my golf bag to dark storage. I thought, that was that. Embarrass me once, shame on you; twice, shame on me.

Now, three years later, and against my better judgment, I find myself strangely drawn to that siren's call once more. I've been going to the range religiously for the past two months and am actually seeing a pro to contribute to my swing (note: my pro is awesome, so if anyone out there wants to learn from one of the best in Manila, drop me a note). My game still isn't pretty, but I'm convinced that I will be one of the best.

Which brings me to my next point -- I am declaring that my handicap will be below 10 by August next year. To put that into perspective, that would be the equivalent of training to complete a full Ironman Triathlon, or developing the stamina to walk from Isabela to Cebu, or practicing hard enough to hit twenty half-court shots in a row.

Absurd? Just a little. Doable? You becha!

So if you're looking for a golfing buddy, or you want to give it a try -- come on over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home