Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I didn't know it was lost until I started looking for it...


I love books.

I love the way the pages slide off my fingertips when I turn a page. I love the glossy, matte, embossed, colorful, sparse, chaotic, ordered manifestations of their covers. I love curling up on my sofa to learn, understand, escape, enlighten, experience.

Unfortunately, my hoarding instinct normally gets the better of me and my bookshelf groans under the weight of unread literature.

Needless to say, it is a momentous occasion when I finally seek out one of the Forgotten.

So when I decided to finish reading Lugar, I was mortified to find that it could not be found. Oh the perils of procrastination.

Now here I sit, eager and unfulfilled. Waiting for replies to the text messages I send out in a desperate attempt to find the person who I'd loaned the book to.

I thing the book is trying to teach me a lesson...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home