Friday, June 24, 2005

Thump in the night

Sleep appears to escape me this evening.

The past several months have been quite the nocturnal adventure for me. It seems that the moment my head touches my pillow these spectral hands seize my brain and shake every idea, thought, and emotion into a state of restless agitation.

It is in these moments of abject confusion that I find myself staring at the bizarre showdown of my dreams standing face to face with my concept of security.

Oh to be blind and idealistic, immune to the calls and pratfalls of everyday living.

At what point does risk become folly?

Truly, I am Maslow's case study.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel said...

figuring out YOUR hierarchy of needs?
welcome to my life :) haha

we really should meet up and work on this
and as a tip when thoughts bombard me
at night (damn this caffine addiction) i have
a notebook to write every idea out just
like a little child they just need to be given
some attention to quiet themselves again :)

seems like people haven't been sleeping check out my friend's interesting post :)

http://lingeringsunsets.blogspot.com/2005/06/long-gone.html

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home